Apollon Formularies plc. indirectly holds a significant interest in Apollon Formularies Jamaica Limited (“Apollon Jamaica”).
Apollon Jamaica is Cannabis Licensed Authorities (CLA) licensed to operate on the Federal level in Jamaica.
- Research and Development Licence (Experimental)
- Retail Licence (Therapeutic)
- Processing Licence
- Cultivation (R&D)
- Export (Based on the above licences)
Jamaican Regulatory Environment
The Cannabis Licensing Authority (CLA), an agency of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, was established in 2015 under the Dangerous Drug (Amendment) Act, (DDA) with a specific role to establish and regulate Jamaica’s legal ganja and hemp industry.
- Strengthening the capacity and programs of the NCDA
- Strengthening Jamaica’s mental health institutions
- Funding scientific and medical research into ganja and hemp
- Supporting the regulatory arrangements of the CLA